Geist Elementary School in Fishers named a Blue Ribbon School
Governor Pence Commends 2016 National Blue Ribbon Schools.
Indianapolis – Governor Pence today commended the nine schools in Indiana that have received the 2016 National Blue Ribbon Schools designation from the United States Department of Education.
“Every day, Indiana teachers pour their hearts and time into educating the next generation of Hoosiers, and their efforts constitute one of the most important missions we undertake as a state,” said Governor Pence. “I applaud the educators, administrators, students, families and communities at every school in Indiana where great things are happening, and today I want to extend special congratulations to these nine schools that have earned the prestigious National Blue Ribbon designation. They should be proud of their excellent achievements.”
The following schools in Indiana have achieved the National Blue Ribbon School status:
· Brown Elementary School in Brownsburg, IN
· Cathedral High School in Indianapolis, IN
· Geist Elementary School in Fishers, IN
· Lexington Elementary School in Lexington, IN
· Northpoint Elementary School in Granger, IN
· South Ripley Junior High School in Versailles, IN
· Union Elementary School in Zionsville, IN
· West Clay Elementary School in Carmel, IN
· Weston Elementary School in Greenfield, IN
According to the U.S. Department of Education, the National Blue Ribbon Schools program recognizes outstanding public and non-public schools and celebrates some of the most skilled and effective educators in the country. These nine Indiana schools will be among the 329 public and private schools that will be recognized at a ceremony in Washington D.C. in November. More information on the Blue Ribbon Schools program can be found here.