For Indiana Fans – Your Guide to Staying Connected at Super Bowl LI
From Virtual Reality and Community Events to Network Prep, Verizon Has Your Back
Super Bowl Weekend isn’t just about the game. Football fans want to capture everything from the exciting weekend events at Super Bowl LIVE (presented by Verizon) to every touchdown during the game.
To ensure customers are able to capture and share all their Super Bowl experiences, Verizon increased wireless data capacity and coverage by 450 percent at NRG Stadium, Super Bowl LIVE, and transportation hubs, hotels and popular tourist areas in and around Houston.
Verizon made numerous enhancements to the local network by:
· Increasing wireless data capacity and coverage by 450 percent at NRG Stadium, Super Bowl LIVE, and transportation hubs, hotels and popular tourist areas in and around Houston.
· Installing more than 220 permanent small cells, 24 Nodes on Wheels (NOWs), and 23 new permanent cell sites at other key locations.
· Deploying LTE Advanced technology, which is the most advanced wireless technology available, throughout the Houston area.
The investment in the Houston-area network is permanent so local businesses, visitors, law enforcement and the community will continue to enjoy the benefits for years to come.
Attendees from Indiana can also experience the latest in Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) at Super Bowl LIVE.
Fans can check out:
· Virtual Gridiron: Fans compete in a virtual head-to-head matchup for a unique football experience.
· Field Goal Kicker: Fans can test their kicking skills with this an augmented reality Field Goal game, created by VZ Labs and powered by envrmnt.
· Player Cards: RYOT has created augmented reality Player Cards that will come to life showing highlights of NFL players. Powered by envrmnt.
· 360° Live Cameras: RYOT will be producing and live-streaming 360° player sessions. These will be shown on the Super Bowl LIVE App and powered by the envrmnt platform.
A digital kiosk named “Palo” will be installed in front of the fan zone area to provide attendees with free phone charging and to provide public safety, content and way-finding services.
For more information on Verizon’s network support for Super Bowl fans, visit:
Source: Verizon Wireless